Thursday, October 20, 2011

Student Choice #3 Week 5

Creation:

29:25: And not one hair, neither mote, shall be lost, for it is the workmanship of mine hand.

The connection here to this is at the very root of the creation. It isn’t just the creation of the world but the creation (physical and spiritual) of us, His children. We are known to him and as this scripture says, not one part of our body shall pass without him knowing. I think this scripture also applies to the atonement.

29:31: For by the power of my Spirit created I them; yea, all things both spiritual and temporal-

This lets us know of our divine origin and how we were created by our Heavenly Father both spiritually and temporally. We are his Children. I know a little better than I did 6 weeks ago the love our Heavenly Father has for us. He wants us to succeed.

Fall:

29:35: Behold, I gave unto him that he should be an agent unto himself; and I gave unto him commandment, but no temporal commandment gave I unto him, for my commandments are spiritual; they are not natural nor temporal, neither carnal nor sensual.

This verse is talking about the first doctrine of the gospel. It refers how the Lord gave Adam (and all men) agency. Agency brought the fall and because of the fall we have the ability to be here. Before agency and the fall we weren’t here.

29:43: And thus did I, the Lord God, appoint unto man the days of his probation—that by his natural death he might be raised in immortality unto eternal life, even as many as would believe;

This gives us more information as to what our goal is here on earth (through the fall). It is a time for us to learn, grow and to enjoy immortality as we do what we need to, to make it back to heaven with our Heavenly Father

Atonement:

29:47 Wherefore, they cannot sin, for power is not given unto Satan to tempt little children, until they begin to become accountable before me;

This is one of my very favorite scriptures. This doctrine makes differentiates our church from many others and I think it is one of the sweetest, most tender scriptures in the entire standard works. The fact of the matter is the Lord loves all of his children and that includes babies that haven’t reached the age of accountability.

29:49:

And, again, I say unto you, that whoso having knowledge, have I not commanded to repent?

This is how the atonement works. The Lord provided us away to make it back to the Celestial Kingdom provided we do our part. We need to live the best way we can and then repent when we fall short of perfection (every time…)

No comments:

Post a Comment